1. Shield and also Weatherproof! The most effective HVAC system on the planet could not offset a poorly protected home. Drafty door and window seals and also under-insulated attics and exterior wall surfaces could create your HVAC to work double-time attempting to keep up.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and air conditioning. So making clever choices concerning your residence's A/C system could have a huge impact on your utility bills-- and your comfort.
3. Heating and cooling prices make up virtually half the house's overall energy bill. If your central air conditioning unit is greater than 10 years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency design might cut your air conditioning prices by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a higher seasonal energy performance proportion (SEER) than basic models, makings them regarding 14% much more reliable compared to conventional models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing and appropriate installment of a central air system are vital to energy effectiveness and residence comfort, it is important to employ a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency ratio (SEER) and also heating www.dorrianheating.com seasonal efficiency factor (HSPF) compared to standard designs, makings them about 8% percent extra efficient compared to standard new designs as well as 20% more reliable compared to what you might currently have in your home.
6. Natural gas heating systems qualifying for rebates have yearly gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them approximately 15% more efficient than common versions. One in 4 furnaces in U.S. homes today is more than Twenty Years old. Certifying gas heaters make use of innovative modern technology to deliver higher efficiency than basic new furnaces available today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating devices received the BGE refund satisfy or surpass the United States Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® needs for product effectiveness.
8. When is it time to change your central heating and cooling system?
When your equipment requires regular repair work and your power expenses are enhancing.
When your heat pump or a/c is more than 10 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, a lot more energy reliable devices that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness levels
When your heater is more than 15 years of ages. Think about changing it with a newer, extra energy-efficient heating system that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program refund efficiency degrees.
9. Although these products can be a lot more expensive to acquire up front, the expense difference will be repaid in time via lower power costs. Be sure to ask your service provider about Smart Energy Savers Program Home Heating & Air conditioning Rebates which could significantly help in reducing the distinction in price between typical and high-efficiency products.
10. Correct upkeep can go a long way in stopping future heating and air conditioning system problems. Ask your specialist concerning yearly pre-season check-ups. Professionals commonly obtain very busy during summertime and also cold weather, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the heater in the autumn.